Monday, March 31, 2014

I'm not really a foodie

Chef Boy-Ar-Dee seems to be discontinuing their pop-top cans -the kind that you can open without a can-opener. I haven't done any actual research to confirm this; I just noticed they're not on the shelves anymore. The change became apparent to me over the course of the last month, starting with the most popular items with the highest turnover, which prompted me to try the less popular items.

If you are wondering why I can't just use a can-opener, well if I'm going to go to all that trouble then I might as well put it in a pot and heat it up. And that's just too much work.

I used to eat these when I was a student, mostly when I was living in the math building on campus without a kitchen. I ate them cold, out of the can, with a plastic fork. Heating it up and putting it in a bowl feels like a sarcastic joke, like putting a placemat under a styrofoam cup of instant ramen.

I think I've now tried every Chef Boy-Ar-Dee food-themed product. My review of the "Four Cheese Ravioli" (quotation marks extremely necessary): No.

Anywho, I guess I have enough money that I don't have to eat like a disgusting homeless student anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home