Wednesday, April 04, 2007

On Hair and Hypercubes

Recently I learned how to make my hair into a bun, which actually isn't as hard as I thought it would be: 1. twist hair into knot, 2. stab a dozen or so hairpins into it, 3. let go. Ta-Da! This was very helpful last week when I wasn't able to wash my hair, on account of our shower head being broken. I held out for as long as possible, then before I ended up with some mad dandruff (or, as I like to call it, mad-druff) I called my old roommate. I asked if I could come over to shower, but before I could even explain why, he interrupted with an overly enthusiastic "Yeah! Come on over and shower!". Huh. No explanation needed.

Speaking of awesome people, I don't believe I have mentioned how great my geometry prof is. Last week he lost his lecture notes for the second time, and we spend a good chunk of the class trying to prove (or disprove) that the centre of a circle, inverted in a circle, is the centre of its inverse. Then we voted on the correct spelling of 'centre'.

Yesterday he handed out red and blue 3-D glasses at the start of his lecture and we got to watch a hypercube spinning at the front of the classroom. I would say that it was the best lecture ever, but at the end of the lecture he told us to keep the glasses for next class. Someone's getting an A on his professor evaluation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home