Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Drinking Alone Day!

This day is special for a lot of reasons. It's the first day of spring break, which I will spend up north in a town you haven't heard of, in a little cabin which may or may not actually exist, with my good friends Bob and Andrea.

This year, February 14 happens exactly one week before my birthday. I haven't made any plans for this year, or any other year. I believe last year I celebrated in my friend's closet, spending some quality time with a homemade pie. It was a really really good pie, made by a friend who is a professional baker. It was so good that my then-roommate skipped a required class to help eat it, and as a result was forced to drop the class, which he needed to graduate. So he chose pie over graduation.

It also marks the third anniversary of me receiving Star Wars Epic Duels as a wonderful surprise gift from Tim. This game has changed my life. If you haven't played it, you should come over some time. It's pretty much the only thing to do at my house, which is why I end up eating pie in a closet on my birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home