Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Rat Piss, Rabbit Piss, and People Pissing Me Off

Someone brought a pet rat into the Math Club today. He crawled around on the couches while I petted him and fed him chocolate. The other club members told me that the rat has been in the Math Club quite a bit, just not usually when I'm there. I played with the rat for a while, until I noticed a growing wet spot on the couch under him.

"Uh, the rat is peeing on the couch." I said. Nobody even looked up.

"He does that" someone said, unfazed.

Now I'm surprised that nobody cared about rat pee on the couches, especially since they were all regular members who use the couches often. As for myself, I wasn't too bothered by it, even though I do often sleep on these couches. I once slept in rabbit pee for two weeks.

When I was in first year, the girl on the floor below mine had a pet rabbit, which I let sit on my bed until he peed. He peed right near the edge against the wall, so I didn't actually sleep on top of it, and it was only a tiny spot. At the time, I didn't have the eight quarters necessary to do a load of laundry, so I just covered it with a t-shirt and forgot about it.

A few weeks later, someone was sitting on my bed, leaning against the wall. "Why am I sitting on a t-shirt?" she asked, pulling it out.

"Well now you're sitting in rabbit pee." I answered. I suppose at this point I should have exhibited some shame. She was horrified, of course, but we're still friends somehow.

I'm not, however, still friends with the people at the produce store in the village. They charged me $7 for one litre of ice cream. Beware, produce store in the village, for now I am very very mad at you. But I will still see you tomorrow because I'm too lazy to take the bus to Safeway.

5 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger G said...

I always knew the MC couches were really grimy (they USED to get cleaned once a year, I think) but I always tried to not think about it, even as the smell wafted up as I sat.

$7 for ice cream... that's a tad expensive. That's kinda why I don't buy ice cream.

 
At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my friend Rob's rat! Rob is an awesome guy. The rat is called Admiral. He's pretty awesome. I had to look after him for a week last year.

He should be the official MC rat.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger McAnerbot said...

Ahhh the good ol' MC.
Dare you sit down all in one go with force, you'll surely force some strange new strain of MC related death out of the confines of the couch.

I thought you were going to make friendly with Christa sometime :D

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger thea said...

I don't think there are many rats fighting for this title; Admiral should win easily.

Who's Christa? If she's in physics, then I'll hopefully see her when I go to play fußball.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger McAnerbot said...

She's the physsoc prez!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home