Monday, October 09, 2006

This Frees Up My Saturdays For Star Wars Epic Duels

I finally quit my job, after my plan of getting fired went down like a lead balloon.

At my first job, aside from stealing office supplies, throwing a party without asking permission, and mistakenly shredding hundreds of vital documents, I never got to do anything really cool. So at my last job, when I found myself in the position of wanting to get fired, I got excited. My excitement faded when I realized that anything sufficient to get me fired would have to be so extreme that I wouldn't be willing to do it. Instead, I ended up quitting (after a few tries) with a long list of things I should not have done.

This one isn't that bad, but I just couldn't bring myself to post it while I was still working there:

At work I finally got switched to the Granville store. This is awesome, not just because my commute is so short, but also because the Granville store is always dead.

Yesterday there were 3 customers during the first 6 hours of work, purchasing less than $15 in total. Around 5:00, a woman came in to return two baskets, worth $10 each. So it was one hour before I had to close the store, and I had brought in a negative amount of money. As amusing as I found this, I was pretty sure that my boss would not see the humour. So I used my own money to purchase a kids golf set from our toy section and spent the rest of the day setting up and playing mini golf in the gardening section.

4 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know they make sitcoms that play out like that. I think this would be a Pheobe from friends type thing to do.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger thea said...

damn! I was going for Clerks.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger thea said...

thanks, by the way, for comparing my blog to Friends. Next time you can just punch me in the face.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger McAnerbot said...

You know, regardless of how much the golf set cost... you really did bring in a negative amount of money since, you know, they have to pay YOU as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home