Saturday, October 14, 2006

An Ode To The Garbage Chute

I've given it a lot of thought, and I've decided that the best part about living here is the garbage chute. This is the first place I have lived that has one, and it is awesome.

The garbage chute is never full. I don't know where it goes, but I'm picturing some sort of crevice leading to the center of the earth. I can put as much crap as I want in it, and it disappears into the bottomless pit.

There is no weekly pickup day to remember, which I always forgot about and ended up trying to compact two weeks worth of garbage into the volume of one. And even if there was a schedule, it wouldn't matter because it's never full.

The best part is that the same garbage chute is shared by several units, so nobody can know what garbage came from where. If I don't feel like washing my recycling and carrying it up to the recycling bins, there's no way they can catch me. I could throw a dead cat down there if I wanted to.

1 Comments:

At 4:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dead cat is the best you can come up with?! I think you're wasting a perfectly good opportunity for homicide here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home