Wednesday, April 11, 2007

More Uses For Dead Rats

Last week when we did instructor evaluations, I gave my least favourite prof a pretty harsh score. As always, I used constructive criticism, with lots of suggestions for improvement.

Wednesday in class he was still terrible -of course he wont read the evaluation until after the exams and everything, but this isn't his first term teaching. I'm sure he's had plenty of criticism from his past students. Those little forms just aren't getting the message accross.

What we really need is something to get his attention, like a dead rat in his mailbox. I've always wanted to put a dead rat in someone's mailbox. But no, I realized, that's not very helpful because it doesn't tell him how to improve. What we should really do is wrap the dead rat in the instructor evaluation form, and put that in his mailbox. There are about a hundred students in the class, so we're gonna need a lot of rats.

11 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Blogger rabbitfacts said...

Im not really sure where to get large numbers of dead rats, other than ones preserved in formaldahyde for dissection, and you really couldn't use those because they swmell simply atrocious.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger rabbitfacts said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger thea said...

I think I can get a discount on a large order of live rats at a pet shop, and I'm pretty sure you can make dead rats from live ones.

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Princess Banter said...

Yeah I had bad professors like that back in college -- and for the love of god, they need to stop being dense and realize that they're not born to teach. Honestly, I sometimes don't know why these people get hired. If they do good research projects for the school -- let them stay there! And away from the classrooms!

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha! I think you need to put two dead rats in his mailbox, but don't leave any fingerprints! I had some really terrible professors, one in Chemistry who filled the hours with anecdotes... what a loser.

Zippi

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Joseph said...

First of all, LOL!

You could always use a fake rat, it gets about the same scare, but lacks the smell.

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea i like living in california its Ok i found your blog on this site it was kinda random .

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger imbrilliant said...

i liked this;
it made me laugh.

visit the new york
underground, you'll
find an abundance
of dead(& alive) rats;

fresh for mailbox-ing.

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Thea,

I just stumbled across your blog. I tracked back to a few of your old post, and you're pretty funny. I luv reading things that make me shake my head.

Peace.

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Thea, you've developed a following.

This reminds me of my favorite Arrested Developemnt quote:

"Say what you want about America, $13 can still buy you a helluva lot of mice" -George Michael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home