Wednesday, July 07, 2010

moth problem

A moth flew into my box of sugar cubes a few days ago, and couldn't find his way out. When I opened it and tried to direct him to freedom (using a butter knife, bright lights, and negative reinforcement), he started flopping around, getting little bits of dust from his wings onto the sugar cubes. By the time I got him out of there, just about every sugar cube had a tiny bit of moth wing dust on it.

I've never been good at throwing away food. While unsettling, trace amounts of moth aren't harmful if ingested, and definitely not fatal. But I'm not so poor that I can't afford to spring for a new box, and each cup of coffee will be less enjoyable if I know it has a tiny bit of moth in it. I will be drinking unsweetened coffee until I resolve the matter.

Sometimes it feels like I'm the only person in the world with these problems.

3 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger Alexwarrior said...

I heard moth wing dust causes cancer...

"waiter! what is this moth doing in my sugar?"

"the backstroke."

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger thea said...

hi Alex!

I'm pretty sure nouns cause cancer.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger lazy_katie said...

trust me, you're not the only one. of course, i would simply blow them off and forget about it. or try to forget about it. in reality, every time I used those cubes, i would have some sort of panic attack that i would try to convince myself was unrelated. oh, the life of a neurotic lazy homebody. lol. I enjoy this blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home