Thursday, April 22, 2010

End of Exams celebration

And a celebration is certainly in order after that performance. Afterall, you can't spell "Nailed It!" without a 'D'.

The best part about exams, right after the convenience of being able to wear the same clothes every day due to decreased social contact, is planning how I will celebrate the end of exams. Last year I celebrated Howard Hughes style, by holing up in my room, eating junk food and watching movies (about Howard Hughes, just to be a little bit recursive as well as reclusive). Unlike Hughes, I didn't urinate into empty bottles, which was more a function of convenience and bathroom proximity than disgust.

After my last exam in December, I came straight home and had a few shots of vodka, which under normal circumstances would have little effect on me. But I had only slept two hours the night before, and hadn't consumed anything except coffee in over 16 hours. Without considering this, I called a friend right away to confirm a date, and I was effectively drunk. When he asked about it, I tried to say, "I only had a bit of vodka, but I guess it worked quick." It came out something like, "I only had a bit of vodka, but it were quack."

I talked to my mother last night, and since I still have two exams to write, she asked me to call her on Monday after my last exam is done.
"Oh, I'll be drunk." I told her.
"And you wont be able to dial?"
"you want me to drunk-dial you?"
Apparently she does. I hope drunk-dialing friends and family doesn't turn into a routine exam celebration. Such a tradition could potentially be more embarrassing than urinating into empty bottles.

2 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't ever drunk dial people, but I do have a nasty habit of getting hammerred and then sending texts and emails about how naked drunk and lonely I am to everyone I know.

My friends think it is funny, but it leads to awkward conversations with my employer.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger thea said...

I initially mis-read that and thought you sent naked drunk photos of yourself to everyone you know. By comparison, texts and emails aren't so bad.

Luckily for me, my employer has only recently discovered computing, mostly in the form of spreadsheets. I still haven't told him about the internet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home