Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Tacos in the Bathtub "Thanksgiving Special"

Since nothing fun or exciting is happening this weekend (so far), I thought I would delight you all with a thanksgiving-related story.

It was Thanksgiving long weekend of the year 2001. After a sub-par turkey dinner and a long argument about who should clean the kitchen, my father was completely fed up with us and went into the living room to tune us out with the radio.

My brothers and I started cleaning up, and I wondered what to do about the turkey carcass. I went into the living room to ask my dad.

"I don't care what you do with the turkey." he answered, annoyed at being bothered again.
"No, seriously. Should I throw it away or do you want to make soup with it?"
"Do whatever you want! Just leave me alone."

Whatever I want? I realized that this opportunity would probably never present itself again. I had to take advantage of it.

I opened the kitchen window and heaved the turkey through it. As I ran down the stairs and outside, I heard my dad ask "what was that thud?". The turkey carcass was in the middle of the driveway, so I threw it onto the road. Then I got into the car, backed out over the turkey, and drove back and forth over it until it was a metre long.

And that was the year that we didn't have any thanksgiving turkey sandwiches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home