Sunday, April 22, 2007

I have been asked to explain the title of my blog

It's not just a dumb blog name. It's a dumb blog name with a dumb history:

On several occaisions when I was a teenager, I would wait until I had the house to myself and then make a plate of tacos and eat them in the bathtub. I don't remember a specific event which put tacos into the category of "bathtub food", just that I could never eat one without getting it all over myself, and the bathtub seemed like an ideal place for tacos.

I never told my family about this, and always made sure to remove all evidence. And I certainly never took the blame for our poorly-functioning bathtub drain.

8 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thea,
Your love for Tacos knows no bounds, and you pay tribute to that through the title of this blog?


I can respect that.

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger thea said...

it's true, I love tacos so much that I am willing to get naked with them. I also greet my mexican roommate with a big ol' open-mouthed kiss every time I see her.

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I read your blog sometimes. I found it through Icy Midnight's. I find it pretty funny. Just thought you might like to know that someone other than the usual commenters reads this.

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger thea said...

thanks, Alex-boy. Always nice to get feedback.

I think I remember you. You lived in Canterbury a few years ago, right?

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. I lived in my 10x15 foot cell there for 3 years. It's funny how attached I got to that small space I was stuck in for so long. I bet that's how people in jail feel.

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhm.

they always blamed the clogged drain on my hair.

>unimpressed<

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Shai said...

So let me get this straight you take a bath and eat tacos? Or is it you sit in the tub and eat tacos? Either on is interesting. LOL.

Mexi food is my fav.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger thea said...

which one would disgust you less?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home