Friday, July 13, 2007

I miss the garbage chute

My roommate has this thing about using giant black garbage bags when he cleans the house. He says it gives him more satisfaction to throw everything into one big bag. Last week when he ransacked the hall closet, he used a garbage bag too big for our bin. I warned him before he started that it wouldn't fit, but he went ahead and filled it anyway.

The whole point of ransacking the closet was so he could fit more stuff into it, including the mysterious box which appeared in our living room last month. He believes this box contains my things, but it actually just holds the recycling which wouldn't fit into our recycling bin two weeks ago. I wanted to get rid of it, but I wanted to play Tetris even more, so I dumped it into an empty box and forgot about it. After he spent all that time tidying the closet to fit it in, I just didn't have the heart to tell him.

So our old cans and bottles are put away neatly in the closet, and a bag of garbage with the circumference of a bathtub is blocking the hallway. Other than that, the place looks pretty good.

5 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing story. how do you have such interesting stories when your life is obviously so incredibly boring?

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger thea said...

I wanted to write a post about eating cheeseburgers, but you beat me to it. One wild maniac in the family is enough.

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was little, I really wondered what it would be like to ride down the garbage chute and see where it goes. I kinda wondered if there was some kind of complicated tunnel system that joined all the hatches together that led to some secret underground world. Now that I'm older, I know it's probably just a boring vertical chute with a dumpster at the bottom.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger thea said...

I always wanted to ride down a laundry chute, but I was afraid of getting stuck. I figured the main ways of getting a kid dislodged from a laundry chute were dismantling sections of the house, or sending down heavy items, such as a bowling ball.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger imbrilliant said...

i once went down a laundry chute. it was wooden. i got splinters, an awful lot of them.

i do not suggest it.

admittedly, i probably should've checked if it was metal or wood prior to hauling myself down it; i still don't suggest it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home