Thursday, April 17, 2008

Losing Sleep Over The Sleepless

I have spent the last year or so looking for the second book of Nancy Kress' sleepless trilogy. I read the first one, bought the third one, and I have been to every book store in Vancouver in search of a new or used copy of the second book, Beggars and Choosers. I finally decided to order it because I need closure, dammit, and they tell me it's out of print.

If I had been able to order it, then all that time spent combing through used book stores would have been a waste. Now that I know I can't order it, that time seems well-spent, unlike the money I used to purchase other books that I don't really want, trying to fill the void left by the gap in the trilogy.

3 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you know how I felt taking first- and third-year physics but not second[-?].

Wait, I still don't know how I feel about that myself.

I'm gonna start my book club soon, just for you.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger thea said...

wow, how did you manage that? Which third-year physics was it? Not that it matters, it sounds impossible anyway.

I've never been in a book club. Instead of eating tiny sandwiches, can we eat giant pocky? (For people who don't know c, she once made a giant pocky out of stale baguette and melted chocolate.)

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger c. said...

They were Thermodynamics, Fluid mechanics, and Electricity & Magnetism. (I also took a 300-level physics-for-teachers course, we played with magnets and I met people who did stuff like comb their hair.)

I managed it the usual way: very poorly with everything handed in late. I think I handed in my paper on the Stirling cycle after the final exam.

I hate giant Pocky. You make it and I will eat it. You are the spokesmodel for the club so you better be in it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home