Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My New House

So I moved again.

My new room is nice, but I somehow managed to downsize. My last room was slightly larger than a station wagon, so this doesn't even seem possible, but there is no configuration of bed, nightstand and child-sized desk which allows the door to open more than a foot.

The window to my room is directly across from the neighbour's bathroom. They have a textured glass window and I have blinds, but this is no match for their extreme lighting setup. Maybe they've got an entire wall covered in halogens, or maybe they have a cow-sized chandelier in there, but every day at 6am my room lights up like a solarium.

We have vermin. I have lived in houses infested with mice, spiders, ants and crickets. This is my first cockroach experience, and I'm not impressed. Even my best friends have to ask before eating my food or leaving an egg sack in the cutlery drawer.

Overall, the place gets a D in my books, which is especially crappy considering that I once lived in a basement storage room with no door.

3 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger chibijoyce said...

hmm that doesnt' sound so hot... so why did you agree to move in to this place then??

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger thea said...

we didn't know about the cockroaches before we moved in, and the landlords acted surprised when we told them. I also didn't know about the neighbours aircraft searchlight bathroom light fixture until my first night there.

We were running out of time to find a place, so we were desperate. I usually move two to three times a year, so I probably wont be here long.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Damien said...

If you're getting woken up early anyway, you should find some way to be annoying to your neighbours.
Hook up a really loud stereo to a light sensor or something.

Or even better, a cockroach catapult!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home