Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Chanting Amuses Me

There's a civic workers strike happening in Vancouver right now, which means, among other things, that there's no residential trash collection, and the community centre across the street from me is being picketed.

As I was waking up this morning, the first thought that came to me was, "the strike must be over... I don't hear any chanting." Then the rational part of my brain woke up and I thought, "no wait, that doesn't actually happen. I only wish it did." I love the idea of workers chanting "STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE!" constantly for the duration of the strike.

3 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Blogger Nic said...

What's the temperature like in Vancouver now? I hope it's not 96* like here in Philly PA.

Stinky trash stinks more in the sun.

Try saying that 10 times fast.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger thea said...

it's pretty darn hot, but we live in a nice, cool basement suite (I have a tiny bedroom with a queen-sized bed wedged into it -I call it The Bedcave). We've cut down on the garbage we produce, and we triple bag it and tuck it away. So far, smell hasn't been a problem for us.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Nic said...

LOL! @ "The Bedcave".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home