Monday, July 23, 2007

My Day Went Downhill From Here

As I was leaving the house this morning, my landlord was in the front yard setting up his sprinkler -the kind that sprays in a circle, slowly in one direction, then quickly in the other. I was halfway down the front walk when he shouted something. He has a thick accent, but what I heard was, "don't go, wait" so I stopped and waited, thinking he wanted to talk to me.

What he had actually said was, "don't get wet" and I stood there, smiling and looking particularly stupid, while his sprinkler changed direction and sprayed me down.

2 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How eager were you to talk to your landlord that standing in the path of a sprinkler seemed like a reasonable request for him to make?

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger thea said...

I didn't think he would aim it right at me like that. For some reason, I thought he was trying to water his grass, rather than the walkway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home