Sunday, May 11, 2008

Out of Town

If you want your family to like you, disappear for a long time. Then the next time they see you, they'll be happy enough that you're still alive, they wont care that you're doing nothing worthwhile with your life.

I had been living in my friend's closet, which is pretty sweet. It's actually more of a storage room attached to the living room. There's not enough space to stand up, but it has all the most important features that I like in a bedroom: a door, a bed, and a working light. Plus there's no window to let in any pesky natural light, so it's easy to sleep until 3 in the afternoon.

I would still be there now, had I not been tipped off that my mother was planning to sell my little old tv in a garage sale. I guess it was technically my dad's tv, not mine, but I had to save it. It's tiny, it's black and white, and I used to watch grainy Degrassi High reruns on it. So I'm back on the island for a bit.

There isn't much fun involved in helping run a garage sale, but I do like to bargain in the wrong direction to confuse the customers. I would also have liked to wait until we a had a bit of a crowd, then loudly say to my brother, "if anyone needs me, I'll be in the trailer having a power dump." I didn't have to try that one to know that it wouldn't go over well. Nobody here has any appreciation for my sense of humour.

Also unavailable here:

-dental floss and toothpaste
-any kind of privacy

I'll be back in Vancouver soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home