Thursday, July 30, 2009

heatwave

Vancouver is currently going through a record-breaking heatwave. I am dealing with the situation by staying hydrated, not complaining, and responding to comments about my pale legs with a refreshing slap across the commenter's face.

I've also been sleeping with my ice cream maker in my bed. I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner. It's the most use I've gotten out of it since I stole it from my mom's house last summer (as an aside, my mother hasn't eaten ice cream in over a decade, so what need could she possibly have for an ice cream machine? Apparently one so pressing she had acquired two more since I had last visited -she was storing three ice cream machines in her basement, two still in boxes). Not only does the ice cream machine keep my bed at a good temperature, but it does so for most of the night; it is amazingly still quite cool when I wake up.

So that's how I'm handling the heat. If we hit 35 tomorrow, we might turn on the air conditioning at work.

2 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger invisible said...

Just a question: Are you making ice cream while you sleep?
If so , what flavour?

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger thea said...

no ice cream, but if there was, it would probably be vanilla. Fancy vanilla though, with real vanilla beans.

when I was little, my mother used to make yogurt in our water bed. Apparently it was the perfect temperature.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home