Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Thanks, That Really Clarifies Things

What do you get when you cross Gary Larson with your math prof?

Today my Math 316 prof attempted to explain his solution to a problem with the following analogy:

"Suppose you are running at a mirror. What you would see is your face, getting larger and larger until finally you run right through the mirror, smashing it. And suppose you had a little man waiting behind the mirror, who jumps out as soon as you smash through it, and runs back the way you came."

Ah! Now I get it.

2 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Blogger Dickolas Wang said...

I did an ethics course for my TA job. One of the examples in the "sexual harrassment" module was a TA making up a problem for his tutorial asking what the probability was that he'd get laid that year.

Anyway, the moral of the story is be glad I'm not your TA.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger G said...

I love Gary Larson comics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home