Sunday, November 13, 2005

Washroom Awkwardness

One of the two toilets in the washroom is out of order. Today I happened to walk into the washroom at the same time as someone else, so I had to wait. After the first few seconds of awkward silence, I decided to wash my hands. I felt stupid washing my hands before using the toilet, but at least it wasn't uncomfortably quiet. I finished washing and drying my hands but she was still in there. So I thought I should explain why I was standing there.

Me: I'm just waiting to use the toilet.
her: uh, ok.
Me: I'm not just listening to you pee.
her: ...
Me: I just thought I should explain, you know, so it's not so awkward.

I should stop trying to explain everything I do. This sort of thing happens to me all the time. I'll probably be eighty before I have any social grace.

4 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You spoke to someone while they were in the bathroom? If I see or hear someone else in a public washroom I usually pretend I waswn't really going there and walk around the building a couple times or something...yeesh...

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger thea said...

it's not really public, it's the washroom on my floor, so it's someone I know.

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Thomas Nguyen said...

Good god!

You've taken the concept of bathroom etiquette smashed it over the head, dragged 10km, while kicking, bleeding and screaming with a slight runny nose, and then proceeded to marinate it with salt and vinegar!

Good job Thea. I'm proud of you.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger G said...

Hey...umm.. update your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home